Saturday, April 30, 2016

Munivit Anima Chapter 13

Chapter 13 Turning Point



 

A few minutes before the mages reached emperor Zion inside the cave, the black sphere that is glowing intensely beside the emperor began to voice out some of its words.

"You know that you can't keep me here forever." A deep voice resounded from the sphere.

"Even if you manage to escape.... There is no place for you to return to." The emperor looked down at the black sphere.

"You were betrayed by your own kin, you no longer have a place in this world" The emperor added.

"Even so, I won't let you do whatever you want with me."

"Don't you realize your position? Right now you are just in the form of soul, what do you think you can do without a body?" Before the Sphere can even answer the mages had already arrived.

The emperor turned his attention away from the sphere and looked at the mages.

"I've been waiting for you."

"We're here to check the progress again your Highness." One of the mages who seems like the leader spoke.

"We need more information about Rhaegal's soul and since it's the soul of a dragon, we need to be more extra careful." The emperor spoke in an annoyed tone.

"It might at least take us another century to fully conduct an experiment without damaging his soul, But at least for now we can extract some of its power and transfer it to you, your highness." The elder mage walks near the black sphere and observed it with his own eyes.

"I see. Then it's possible for me to steal some of his power and use it. Did you hear that Rhaegal? I can finally use you." The black mana surrounding the sphere intensified its glow like showing its anger toward the emperor.

"....."

"I didn't expect much reaction from you, but it seems like all you can do right now is to stay silent and watch your powers taken away by me." The Emperor holds the black sphere carefully in his hand then gave the mages the sign to perform the ritual.

"Your highness, are you sure that we should perform the ritual without taking care of the one's tailing us? He's been trying to hide his presence so much the moment he noticed you." The elder mage tilted his head and asked the emperor.


"Ah, yes I almost forgot about that." He narrowed is eyes in the passage where the mages came out a little while ago.

"My son... How long will you hide from there? "


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shit! So they perceived my presence from the very beginning. What should i do now? Run or show myself? If i run they'll eventually find me sooner or later. Then i have no choice but to show myself.

I revealed myself from the darkness then look at the emperor.

"....."

"Hmm... Why are you saying nothing? Aren't curious about something that's why you followed the elder mages into this place?" He looked at me carefully and spoke with a mocking tone.

"Yeah, that's true but i didn't expect to see the great emperor in this place." I answered him honestly, he's the last person on earth that i want to mess with and even if his conducting some strange experiment about that black sphere i have to turn a blind eye so that i can get away from this place carefully.

If I'm correct that black sphere is the soul of a dragon. How did he get it? Did his power already reach the level on par with dragons? If that's true then he can't be considered a human anymore.

He looks at me with a grin and began to open his mouth.

"If you're wondering why i have something like this, it's because it was given to me as gift by the leader of the dragons, this guy called Rhaegal is their former leader he ruled them for more than a thousand years, but he was challenged and defeated by a younger and stronger dragon. Since dragons are immortal they sealed his soul with invoker rank magic before he reincarnate and was given to me as gift after the war with the demons, they were very happy that they were able to get a hold with precious black diamonds so making a small request from them was nothing. " He probably noticed that i was having a lot of questions in my mind so he spoke without even having the chance for me to ask.

"If I'm able to extract every ounce of his power then i can become a true immortal that can even rule the dragons and.... maybe i can even revive someone who died...." He opened his arms while speaking proudly but the last part of  his words became  a little bit dim.

"I see. Good for you then." Right now all i can do is to agree with him, opposing him isn't a good idea.

I'm actually relieved that he doesn't look like he was about to kill me, but what will he do to me after this?

"These mages has been with me for a very long time, we've been through together both the good times and the hard times, they have proven their loyalty to me countless times and we all have the same goals, To go beyond the boundaries of this world and rule not just in this world but also the world of the sprits, the afterlife. "

I began to shiver upon hearing those words. Such Ambitious man with ridiculous dreams. He narrowed his eyes on me then began to walk towards me.

"I... see.. since i have nothing to do with your dreams can i go back now?" I don't want to stay here any longer, i can't take the heavy atmosphere in this area.

"mmmmhahaha! Don't you get it? These mages are loyal to me but you! You, who have seen and heard all this, do you think that you can just walk away like it's nothing!?" This time, i felt a very strong bloodlust coming from him.

"Well... I can ....promise.... to.. keep-" Eve though i'm currently kneeling in one knee, sweating and shivering. I did my best to voice out my thoughts, but i was interrupted.

"Foolishness! I don't want to make another man like General Nathan and take care of any future rebellion, so it's the best for you to disappear in this world!" A heavy voice came from his mouth together with intense bloodlust.

My entire body can't move from fear and all my instinct are shouting inside that i have to immediately get away from here.

"I need... to at least ... stand.....up.... and run.."

I used all my strength to stand up, but the emperor is already standing right in front me, his hands are blazing with red fire and i can see his arms filled with large muscles beginning to change its color to red.

Shit. My body instinctively jumped behind to make a distance from him  then he immediately disappeared in front of me and while i was pondering what just happened, i suddenly felt my back bump into someone.

I have a very good idea who could it be, but even so i still decided turn my head and look.

What i saw was the emperor's face. During that moment, my death is certain to happen.

He pierced his blazing hands in my chest and took my heart. Before my eyes go dim, I saw my heart on his palm and mercilessly squeezed it and my life in this world has faded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think?