Saturday, April 30, 2016

Munivit Anima Chapter 8

Chapter 8 Promise



I called the Priestess and her friends from the room after the guards left, while they're coming in the living room they saw a dead man lying on the floor. The priestess already guessed who killed that man and looked at me.

"Why.... Would you even kill your own kind just to save us."  She asked while puzzled.

"Well, It's because i hate it. " I answered her in a whim, but Lord Ressy chuckled then told me.

"Are you stupid or what? We became strong thanks to those slaves by the knowledge of the Emperor an his trusted mages we were able to surpass our own limits and now can live in much greater height than them. If the emperor didn't take those slaves, then we wouldn't be enjoying all the benefits of becoming the stronger race, so i don't understand why you would say you hate it"

I have absolutely no idea what his guy is talking about, but it seems like he's saying that slavery helped humanity in someway, but even so i still hate the idea of slavery, i turned around to give my response to him.


"I detest it because of the monstrous iniquity of slavery itself. I detest it because it takes the freedom of a person. I hate it because deprives our humanitarian example of how justice should work in the world and most of all, i hate it because we take the future of those people while we drown ourselves in the benefit of all their achievements and take all the credit to ourselves."

I answered him without faltering and narrow my eyes on him to show that i'm serious.


"...." Everyone became silent after i said those words and the beastkins are looking at me with eyes full of affection.

After several seconds of silence, i began to speak.

"Since it's already getting late and there shouldn't be many guards outside. Lord Ressy i want you to take some gold and bribe the guards in charge of guarding the gate of Empire's building" The noble became angry at my words.

"What!? Hey kid don't get ahead of yourself, do you think you can get away with this? Even though you're a prince the emperor won't be able to forgive you, you know? " He's trying to outsmart me by giving a threat.

"So you plan on telling him? Haha!" I smiled, then showed him the armlet, when i saw his terrified expression i can't help but give a laugh at him.

"P-please don't put yourself to risk any longer, you've done enough to save my kin. We'll take care of the rest so please...." The priestess looked at me with a pleading eye, then she began to pat my head as if trying to reward me, but i know that i can't stop now if i leave the rest to them the noble might try to do something and might result a bigger commotion. I don't want to risk myself getting caught so it's better if i finish this until the end.

"No. Thanks for your concern, but I started this and I'll see it until the end. Don't worry, i'm more capable than what you think." I smiled gently at her and reassure her that i can take care of myself.


"I see.. But stay close to me.. You didn't just save my kin, you also saved me so it's my turn to return the favor and, what's more, i never met a person like you, you're the second person to defy the injustice of this world." The priestess murmured to me  with a charming expression.

"Second?" I ask while puzzled.

"Uhm.. You don't know about General Nathan, who defied the emperor hundreds or years ago?"

"Uhmm. No.. My mother taught me a lot of things, but i still  know nothing about history." I remember my mother told me that she'll assign some teachers tome to teach me a lot of various things, mother taught me a lot about etiquette but never about history.

"General Nathan is an ambitious who tried to take over the Empire, he's a disgrace to the human race, He fooled other races promising he will give the slaves freedom if the fight for him. " Lord Ressy said without stopping.

"No! He's the only human who fought for the sake of different race and even willing to sacrifice his life just to save them." The Priestess tried to correct the noble in haste but the noble just chuckled.

"It doesn't matter, in the end he died without saving anyone."

"Uhmmm... Do you perhaps personally know him?" Beastkins have a long lifespan so perhaps she knew him and maybe even fought together with him so i asked her.

"No. I wasn't born yet during those times and i only read him about the books published by elves, but now i understand that the empire is giving a different kind of story to the humans."

Well, this is interesting, i need to look into this issue later, but now i have to let them escape.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We went outside the noble's mansion and began to walk quickly towards the entrance, i positioned myself in the center of several Beastkin to cover myself just in case someone saw me. After roughly 45 minutes we reached a place near the exit and currently there 2 guards on duty, standing between the very big titanium gate.

"Now let's go, make sure you properly cover me and Lord Ressy don't try to do something while bribing them, i'll instantly kill you by the use the armlet if notice something funny. "

"Yes"

"Y-yes"

All of them together with the noble agreed with me.

Everyone started walking towards the guards and when the guards looked at the several beastkin, they suddenly became surprised, but began to relax when they saw the noble.

"Seems like both of you were really working hard." The noble talked to them with a fake smile.

"Yes sir, by the way, seems like you managed to make terms with them" The guards looked at the beastkins but quickly moved their gazed to the priestess.

"I'm jealous that you're able to take such a beautiful fox." One of the guards said with eyes of lust.

"A-yeah by the way, since you guys are working hard every night why don't you guys get some drinks for yourself and go to a brothel" Lord Ressy showed them the a small bag full of gold coins and gave it to them.

"Ehhh.. Is it really okay, we're still on duty." The guards did overwhelm by the amount of gold but still asked in a worry.

"It's okay. No one would dare to attack the Empires building, They may manage to get it, but it's impossible to get out."

Basically the nobles is right, even if some people manage to come inside  it would be impossible to go back outside since this place is full of people you don't want to mess with and the place is barricaded with walls that are more than a thousand feet high.

"I see... it seems like you're very happy to get you own slave and giving this gold coins as a give away to us." The guard said happily then called his friend to leave.

Finally, we managed to go outside, it's my first time to go out and if what mother told is true i walk  more than a half kilometer from the Empire's building, i'll be able to see a lot of different cities here in Entros but that's not what's important right now.

I notice the gazes of the beastkins at me then the Priestess walked in front of me.

"Thank you for everything." The Priestess bowed her head and when her subordinate saw it they also follow what she did.

"No. You don't have to bow your head that much, i only did what i believe is right." I told her what i really felt. She suddenly draws my body near her then i realized that she's already hugging me.

"I'll be forever grateful to you." With eyes about to burst into tears, she said those words.

She hugged me tightly few another few seconds, i did not stop her and just enjoyed the soft sensation of her bosoms. Then she began to separate her body from me and put her hands under the clothes of  her magnificent bosoms, It seems like she's trying to get something, but it's so seductive to watch.

"Here, take this. This is a necklace that connects with me. If you ever near me i'll be able to feel it because the mana inside that necklace will connect to my own mana whenever they're within reach" She took a necklace and hand it over to me.

"T-thanks, but why are you giving this to me...." I took the necklace that has a small animal fox engraved into the small red gem of the necklace then asked her.

"I believe that we'll meet again in the future- No I'll make it happen so we'll meet again" Without giving me time to understand she continued to speak.

"Please come someday to Stilk Forest, We can teach you everything you want to know including magic that didn't exist within the knowledge of the humans" I'm beginning to understand what she's trying to say, it seems like she wants to give me reward by teaching me some magic that even humans didn't know.

"And please remember this." She suddenly became serious and look at me without blinking, I gulped my own saliva.

"My name is Selyn. Please don't ever forget that." She returned to her own gentle smile after she uttered those words.

"Y-yes." I can only give her a simple answer.

"Then it's a promise." She began to hug me one last time and kissed me on the cheeks.

"You have to go now.." I also hug her tightly while blushing and said those words.

"Yes.. Then we shall meet again." After she said those words the other beastkins bowed their heads to me once again, then swiftly ran in the direction towards the forest.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I returned my attention to Lord Ressy who's been silent the entire time.

"So.. What now?" He asks me in a carefree voice

"I told you, right? I hate slavery  and that means i also hate slave owners." I began to narrow my eyes then suddenly began to shiver.

"I'm sorry, but you did this to yourself." I began to imagine and command the mana inside the armlet, even though i my body can't produce any mana yet the armlet has it's own mana so it can be used by anyone. Suddenly the armlet began to glow in bluish color, then I saw the collar of the noble beginning to glow in the same color.

"wOuoouuOuoou...." The noble can't even shout in pain it seems like the collar is preventing him from doing so and in several seconds his head was cut off.

"Well, that's disgusting." I saw the head of the noble roll on the floor.

"I guess i'll go back now.'" But before i entered the gate i notice something strange.

I felt suddenly felt a strong gaze, i felt shivers in my spine i turned around to look the source at that gaze but i can't identify it's location. The gaze is getting stronger and stronger it began to make my body heavy, although it has no killing intent, the gaze is enough to make me faint.

"!!" I began to run inside the mansion with all my might, i didn't stop until i managed to get home.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm feeling someone  is tugging my clothes in the bed..... Seems like i was so tired yesterday that i overslept, I first thought mother is the  one waking me up.... and i opened my eyes.

"L-lia?"

"I've been trying to wake you for more than 30 mins but you're not even moving" Seems like she came to wake me up today but did she come early today i wonder why?

"Hey are you listening?" She hands me a glass of water while asking

"Ah yes?" I took the glass of water and answered her.

"There's something important i need to ask." She look me with unease.

"Hmm.. What is it?" i asked her while thinking what could it be... Wait, don't tell me she saw me last night? i began to have a cold sweat in my back.

"Who would you choose... Me or the Busty fox?" She asked me in worry.

Could it be that she really saw me? When i hugged Selyn last night and when she kissed my cheeks?

"Why... would you ask that?" I said while beginning to sweat.

"Because yesterday when you were looking at her, it seems like you were charmed by her. That's why i panicked and run away from you yesterday" I sigh in relieve after she said those words.

"So that's what you mean." I was just overthinking and i'm glad she didn't saw what happened afterward especially the part where i killed someone maybe she went straight home when she ran away.

"Of course i will choose you." I said those words without any hesitation. We're siblings so it's only natural to choose your family fist before anyone that's what mother Eliz taught me.

"He~~~So you will choose me huh.... hehe" She began to smile and laugh softly..

"We're siblings after all and we should cherish each other because we're family," I said those words, but she's not already listening to me. She already went to her own world.

"Flint chose me~ hehehehehehe~" She suddenly jumped at me and hugged me while rubbing her face into my chest

"Hey! Are you listening to me!?"

"I'm glad that you chose me......... Because i was just about to kill you if you choose the Busty fox"
She whispered the last part of her sentence, but i managed to hear it.

"W-what?" I asked her in a worry.

"Hmm? What is it?"

"About the things that you just said... Can you say it again"

" I said i'm glad" she answered after she separate herself with me.

"No after that."

"I said i'm glad" She gave me the same answer

"I -i see. " I notice that she doesn't want me to ask about it anymore so i just went with the flow.

"Hey, Flint where did you get your necklace?"

She asked me in a scary smile. Lia isn't usually like this, she's a cute girl who always cling to me and always give me a very charming smile everyday and this is the first time i saw her giving me such a scary smile.

I quickly hid my necklace to prevent her seeing the fox that was carved in the gem. I didn't know why i did that, but my instinct is screaming that i shouldn't let her see it.

"It was given by mother" I made a poker face the answered her.

"Oh okay~ Let's go eat. My mother and your mother is waiting for us below.." She clung unto my arms then said those words.

"Ah so you're mother is also with you. Let's go then" The weird atmosphere immediately dispersed and we went below to eat together.

2 comments:

  1. ................ forget managing dude,RUN TO THE HILLS, RUN TO THE WORLD'S END RUN FOR YOUR LIFE at least the yanderes of Weapon Cheat acknowledge poligamy
    Thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better figure out something quick MC or else you're a dead man! 😱

    ReplyDelete

Tell us what you think?