Saturday, April 30, 2016

Munivit Anima Chapter 10

Chapter 10 Study



We stayed in the funeral for a few hours and i remained silent the whole time while Lia tried her best to cheer up Cren. I also want to do something for her and her daughter, but what rights do i have to comfort the family of the one i killed? If they knew that the killer was me and was inside of this house i just can't imagine what would be their reaction. Right now me and Lia is on our way back we both didn't say anything to each other, it seems likes she still feel sorry for Cren.

She looks at me and broke the silence.

"I decided...." She said in a serious voice

"Decided about what?" I still feel a lingering regret inside so i asked her in a dejected voice.

"I know that the beastkins know something about what happened inside Lord Ressy's mansion. I want to find them and ask." She seems serious about it, but we're not allowed to go in a journey yet, we need to become at least capable people so that we can protect ourselves in case we got attacked. I also don't want her to meet the beastkins because she'll discover that i'm the one who killed the guard Ramos.

"When i reached the right age, I want to go to the Stilk Forest and personally ask them." It  seems like she was able to read my mind base from my expression.

"I don't think that's a good idea." I said it with a serious expression.

"W-why?" She seems to wonder why i'm rejecting her idea.

"Do you think that Cren wants you to spend your life looking for her husband's killer? Of course, i think she'll be happy that you're willing to go that far, but you're a princess and there are a lot of things for a princess to take care of. You also have a talent with magic, there's a big future ahead of you so i don't think Cren wants you to waste your time doing something that won't benefit you. I think it's more than enough that you did your best to comfort her."

She listened carefully to my words and began to understand what i'm trying to say then she just nod her head in response and we both went silent again.

"Cheer up. I'm pretty sure that Cren doesn't want you to feel sad for her and it also pains me to see you like this." I gave her a gentle smile and started patting her back.

"I see then i'll cheer up then. I also hate it when you feel hurt because of me." After i patted her back, she gave a bright smile and replied to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


When we reached the Empire's building, i decided to part early with Lia. She seems a little worried about me because she noticed that i looked dispirited ever since we went to Cren's house, but i gave her a fake smile and reassure her that I'm okay.

"What a bad day...." I whispered to myself while having a stroll within the Empire's building. I want to be alone for a while before i get home so i decided to get some fresh air.

"I think i should go the library and read some books to  temporarily forget the bad things" That idea came up in my mind and i quickly change my direction towards the library.


I entered the library, it is the usual place where me and Lia came to play and practice her magic almost every day since very few people are coming it's a perfect spot for me. I look through the arranged books in the shelf, There are a lot of interesting books to read, but i remembered the man called General Nathan, Selyn said he was a hero who fought for the sake of the other race but Lord Ressy said he's a disgrace to humanity.

"Hmm. Interesting...." I took some several history books from the shelf and also took some books regarding about how humanity evolve.

I went to the nearest desk and immediately started reading. According to the books published by humans, General Nathan is a person who grew up in a small village located in South Islands of Entros. Genius in swordsmanship during his childhood, he was immediately discovered by the empire and urged him to enter the order of the knights. Several years later he accomplished a lot of achievements and was promoted as a General of the army, During those times Humanity is not as strong as the other race due to their shorter life span, weaker bodies and lower knowledge of magic, but after Emperor Zion became the Emperor he immediately gathered all the strongest magician and warrior in the Entire Continent. Young and hungry for knowledge he formed the Council of Magic, their job is to research new magic and find out how the elves and demons can use a Magus rank spell with ease and how to make the human body as strong as the beastkins. A lot of years had passed since then and they were able to make a lot of progress, but most of their theories were impossible to prove without performing experiments to the various race. Emperor Zion Decided to launch a total attack to every race living in the continent, 800,000 empire soldier waged war and became victorious.

Emperor Zion declared that everyone that were captured will become slaves, finally they can test their theories and progress their research. A lot of years have passed and the humans evolved, they can now live longer, use stronger magics and have more physical strength. In the age of ten the human body will naturally emit mana and it became a culture in Entros that when you reach that age the mages of the Empire will give you various magic blessings that will give boost to your magic aptitude, magic flow, magic effect and many other interesting things, they will also imprint some small cells into your body to make you live longer. Basically, those are some of the many fruit of research and experimentation of the various races.

According to this book, General Nathan became jealous to the Emperor's  Power and started a rebellion. He was able to conquer the eastern part of the continent with the help of various races that he fooled and declare himself as a king. The Emperor was saddened about the news and even though it breaks his heart to fight the General he had no choice but do so for the sake of humanity, then the emperor sought the power of the dragons and defeated King Nathan and punished him in front of his own people.

"Hmm... This is strange..." I took away my eyes from the history book published by the humans and turned my attention to the book published by the elves. To be honest books published by the other race is banned in the entire continent, but the Empire's library needs to have every kind of books for the royalty and highest mages to use for their own research.

According to the books of the elves the Emperor lost his reasoning and forcefully enslave various kinds of race just so he can achieve immortality and, as a result, uncountable lives has lost. When General Nathan offer his help, all of the race, including the demons didn't hesitate to take up the offer. They believed that by unifying with each other then they can stop the emperor's madness. After they successfully invade the eastern part of Entros called Reha, they made General Nathan a king and made him promise the freedom of all the races, but that didn't last long because a few months after the Dragons attacked all their territories and the tides of war had immediately changed. King Nathan died as a hero, as the only human who fought for them.

"Basically, this world has two different kinds of history..." I began to realize how complicated this world is.

"Human stupidity never fails to amaze me..." After knowing all of this i realized that making friends with the other race would be very hard, but it isn't impossible since i plan on going to the Stilk forest to learn some magic in the future i have to get their trust when i'm there.

"Guess i need to fill my mind with knowledge of this world. How magic works and how can i use the knowledge of my past life to my advantage in this world, in terms of various kind of martial arts and assassination i'm confident i have the advantage but i need to use every other thing that i know to become stronger and be able to live this harsh world."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think?